Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) announces ADMISSIONS in the following Distance Education Academic Programs for January 2015 Academic Cycle. Read this article to know more about IGNOU’s various degree and post graduate programs for the session January 2015 and also other appreciation courses and general graduate course details.
CLOSING DATE-1st December, 2014 (Without late fee) & 15th December, 2014 (With a late fee of Rs.300/-)
Master’s Degree Courses by IGNOU for the year 2015:
Master’s Degree in Philosophy, Translation Studies, Gandhi & Peace Studies, Extension & Development Studies, Anthropology, Gender & Development Studies, Social Work, Social Work (Counseling), Distance Education, Economics, Education, English, Hindi, , History, Pol. Sc., Pub. Admn., Sociology, Psychology, Rural Development, Tourism Management, Computer Appl.(MCA), Commerce(M.Com), Library and Information Science(MLIS), M.Sc. (Dietetics & Food Service Management)
Bachelor’s Degree Courses by IGNOU for the year 2015:
Bachelor of Science(B.Sc.) (with major in Physics, Chemistry, & Life Science, Mathematics), Bachelor of Arts (BA) , Bachelor of Arts Tourism Studies,(BTS), Bachelor of Commerce ( B.Com) Bachelor of Computer Application(BCA), Bachelor of Library & Information Science (BLIS), Bachelor of Social Work (BSW), Bachelor’s Preparatory Program (BPP)*
Post Graduate Diplomas by IGNOU for the year 2015:
Post Graduate Diplomas in Library Automation and Networking, Analytical Chemistry, Audio Program Production, Criminal Justice, Disaster Management, Educational Management and Administration, Educational Technology, Environment and Sustainable Development, Extension & Development Studies, Folklore and Culture Studies, Gandhi & Peace Studies, Higher Education, Information Security, Intellectual Property Rights, International Business Operation, Journalism & Mass Communication, Pharmaceutical Sales Management, Rural Development, School Leadership & Management, Social Work among the Tribals, Translation, Urban Planning & Development, Hospital and Health Management, Applied Statistics, Geriatric Medicine
Diploma courses by IGNOU for the year 2015:
Diplomas in BPO Finance & Accounting, Creative Writing in English, Early Childhood Care and Education, HIV and Family Education, Nutrition and Health Education, Panchayat Level Administration & Development, Nursing Administration, Critical care Nursing ,Paralegal practice, Tourism Studies, Urdu, Women Empowerment & Development, etc.
Advanced Certificate courses by IGNOU for the year 2015:
Advanced Certificate in: Information Security, Power Distribution Management
Post Graduate Certificates courses by IGNOU for the year 2015:
Post Graduate Certificates in Agriculture Policy, Cyber Law, Extension & Development Studies, Gandhi & Peace Studies, Patent practice, Geoinformatics etc.
Certificate Programs by IGNOU for the year 2015:
Certificate Programs in Anti Human Trafficking, Business Skills, Communication and IT Skills, Community Radio, Consumer Protection, Co-operation, Co-operative Law & Business Laws, Disaster Management, Environmental Studies, Food & Nutrition, Functional English (Basic Level), Guidance, Health Care Waste Management, HIV & Family Education, Home Based Health Care, Human Rights, Information Technology, International Humanitarian Law, Maternal & Child Health Nursing, Newborn & Infant Nursing, NGO Management, Nutrition & Child Care, Organic Farming, Rural Development, Social Work & Criminal Justice System, Teaching English, Tourism Studies, Urdu Language, Water Harvesting & Management, Laboratory Techniques, Value Education, Teaching of Primary School Mathematics, Competency in Power Distribution.
APPRECIATION COURSE: Appreciation Course on Environment.
* BPP (A bridge course of six months’ duration for those who do not have 10+2 qualification, but attained the age of 18 years and above and seeking admission to IGNOU’s first degree B.A./B.Com, etc. under non-formal stream.
* BA, BPP, CIG and CFN are also offered in ODIA medium.
Other Information on IGNOU courses and application procedure:
- IGNOU also offers B.Com. & M.Com. Programs for the Learner pursuing Chartered Accounting Cost Accountancy & Company Secretaryship programmes.
- Student Handbook & Prospectus Can be obtained from the nearest Regional Centre or Registrar(SRD); IGNOU, Maidan Garhi, New Delhi-110068 on payment of Rs.750/- in Cash or sending a DD of Rs.800/- (By Post) drawn in favor of IGNOU & payable at the city from where the prospectus is required.
- A prospective learner can contact Regional Director, IGNOU Regional Centre, C-1, Institutional Area, Bhubaneswar - 751 013 (Phone-0674-2301348, 2301250 or IGNOU Sub- Regional Centre, Govt. College campus, PHULBANI -762001 or any of its Study Centres for obtaining Common Prospectus by paying Rs.200/-(by cash) from the sale counter.
- One can also obtain the Prospectus by post by paying Rs.250/- in shape of a demand draft drawn in favour of IGNOU & payable at BHUBANESWAR. Admission Forms can also be downloaded from our website www.ignou.ac.in. Applicants who wish to opt for study centres which fall under the Sub-Regional Centre are required to submit the filled-in Admission forms at Sub-Regional Centre, Phulbani.
- List of all IGNOU study centers in Odisha.