High court of Odisha, Cuttack invites application for direct recruitment from the Bar in the cadre of District Judge for the year 2014. To know more about the eligibility criteria, salary, no. of vacancies and other information about the application procedure, read this article.
Last date of receipt of application is 17th October 2014.
Candidate must have passed LLB from a recognized University or Institution.
Candidate must have at least 7 years of practice experience as a advocate
Candidate must not be less than 35 years and not more than 45 years as on 1st August 2014.
1. Must be a citizen of India.
2. Should not be dismissed by job in his/her career and convicted by an offence involving moral turpitude by order of High Court, Govt. or Statutory or Local Authority.
3. Direct/indirect appeal for the post will be cancelled.
4. Candidate shouldn’t have more than one spouse.
5. Must know speaking, writing and reading Odia language and must have Odia subject in his/her middle school standard.
Salary: Rs. 51,550-1230-58,930-1380-63,070 with D.A. and other allowances as applicable.
No. of Vacancies: Five (05)
Application Fee: The applicant should submit a Bank Draft of Rs. 500/- in favor of the ‘Registrar (Administration), Orissa High Court, Cuttack’ payable at S.B.I. Cuttack (Main Branch) along with the application.
Essential Documents required along with application:
1. Matriculation / HSC or equivalent certificate
2. LLB certificate
3. A legal certificate from the District Judge of your district showing your practice at Bar.
4. Four passport size recent photos.
5. Original Bank Draft of Rs. 500-
6. Character certificate from two Gazette Officers.
7. Two self-addressed envelops with stamp.
8. Certificate from the competent authority in proof of passing Odia of Middle School Standard.
(1) The Examination shall be conducted in accordance with the provisions of the Orissa Superior Judicial Service and Orissa Judicial Service Rules, 2007, as amended in the year 2013.
There shall be a written examination consisting of two papers carrying 100 marks each having duration of two hours.
Code of Civil Procedure -30 Marks, Personal Law-30 Marks. Transfer of Property Act, Specific Relief Act, Limitation Act, Law of Contract, Orissa Consolidation of Holdings and Prevention of Fragmentation of Land Act, O.E.A. Act, Orissa Land Reforms Act and Law of Motor
Accident Claim-40 Marks.
Code of Criminal Procedure- 30 Marks. Indian Penal Code -30 Marks. Indian Evidence Act-30 Marks. N.D.P.S Act, Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, Prevention of Corruption Act, Essential Commodities Act, Environment Protection Act, Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act & Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989-10 Marks.
 Interview: -
Interview shall carry 30 marks.
Candidates shall be called for interview in proportion of 1:10 provided that such candidates have obtained at least forty five percent marks in each of the written papers and fifty percent of marks in aggregate.
A candidate shall not be included in the merit list unless he / she secure a minimum of 40% of marks in the interview.
Medical Examination: -
The selected candidates must be physically fit and shall be required to appear before the State Medical Board before final appointment.
(1) No. T.A. will be allowed to the candidates.
(2) At the time of interview / viva-voce test, the candidates are required to produce the Original Certificates, failing which they shall be debarred from the interview / viva-voice.
(3) Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
(4) Candidates must properly arrange and attach enclosures to their applications.
(5) Incomplete and defective application shall be summarily rejected. List of eligible applicants shall be published in the Court’s Website / Notice Board.