Applications in the prescribed OMR form are invited from the eligible candidates intendingto take the OTET-2013 as per the terms and conditions given below. The application forms can be obtained from the designated Nodal centers (mentioned in this article) against cash payment of Rs. 350/- only for each paper from 22nd to 30th April 2013 during the working hours including Sundays and holidays i.e. from 10am to 4:30pm. The last date of issue and submission of the application form is 30th April, 2013. The examination schedule shall be notified latter on. Read this article to know more about the eligibility, category for papers, syllabus structure, issue of certificates and other information on submission of application forms etc.
Eligibility Criteria for Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test (OTET), 2013
i) Candidates having the following minimum qualification shall be eligible for taking OTET-2013 as stipulated in Resolution No. 14302/SME/Dt. 04/06/2012 and Letter No. 7957/SME/Dt.26/03/2013.
Category-A (Paper I):
Higher Secondary (+2 or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education (CT) / 2 year Diploma in Education (Special Education) approved by RCI (Rehabilitation Council of India)/Graduation with 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education (CT) / 2 year Diploma in Special Education approved by RCI.
Category-B (Paper II):
Graduation with at least 50% marks with 1 year Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.) /1 year B.Ed. (Special Education) approved by RCI/Higher Secondary (+2 or its equivalent) with at least 50% marks and 4 year B.A.Ed. / B.Sc. Ed. (Integrated Course).
Provided that relaxation of 5% in minimum qualifying marks in +2 or graduation level, as the same may be, shall be allowed to the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/SEBC category.
Provided further that candidates having minimum marks in +2 or graduation level, as the case may be, prescribed at the time of admission in Teacher Education courses shall also be eligible to take the OTET, 2013.
ii) Candidates who are pursuing (final year) any of the teacher education courses (recognized by NCTE or by the RCI, as the case may be) specified above in both the categories.
iii) Candidates engaged as Siksha Sahayaks as per the advertisement issued during the December’2011 and failed/not appeared in the OTET Examination conducted in the month of December 2012 (such candidates shall furnish the self attested copy of the result of the OTET-2012 and copy of the engagement order as S.S. at the time of filling up forms)
iv) Considering the non-availability of trained candidates, untrained candidates belonging to SC, ST & PH categories in all streams shall be eligible to take the OTET-2013 (Relaxation of 5% in minimum qualifying marks in +2 / Graduation level as specified in Para (i) shall be allowed.
v) Candidates eligible to apply under category-B of State Guidelines (Resolution No. 14302/SME/Dt.04/06/2012) shall not be eligible to apply under category-A.
Syllabus Structure and Pass Criteria for Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test (OTET), 2013
There are two papers (Paper-I & II) and the duration of each paper is one hour and thirty minutes for 150 MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions in each paper). The detail syllabus is available in the Board’s website www.bseorissa.in and www.scertorissa.org. The minimum pass mark in each paper is 60%. In case of SC/ST/OBC/SEBC/PH the minimum pass mark in 50%. The results shall be processed on the basis of the information provided by the candidates in their OMR Application Forms and OMR Answer Sheets and no complaints shall be entertained after submission of the application forms.
Issue of Certificates of Odisha Teacher Eligibility Test (OTET), 2013
Certificates shall be issued to the successful candidates and their eligibility mentioned above shall be verified by the recruiting agency/appropriate authority. Qualifying the OTET would not confer a right for recruitment/employment as its only one of the criteria of eligibility for appointment. Date of examination and the time table will be intimated latter on. All the details will be available in the Board’s website.
Submission of Application Forms, Verification of Documents and Issue of Acknowledgement Cards
- The candidates are required to submit the following documents with the application forms.
- Original and self attested photocopies of the required certificates in respect of their academic and training qualifications as specified in Para (i).
- Original and self attested photocopies of the certificate in respect of SC/ST/OBC/SEBC to claim the relaxation as specified in Para (i).
- Physically Handicapped certificate duly countersigned by the CDMO (for candidates having 40% or more disability).
- Studentship certificate (for candidates pursuing final year training courses).
- Two recent B&W / Color passport size photographs. (One to be pasted on the OMR Application form and the other to be attached with the documents submitted.
- Self attested copy of the order showing the proof of engagement as Siksha Sahayak (S.S.) as per the advertisement issued in December 2011 by the State govt.
- Self attested down loaded photocopy of the result of the OTET-2012 (for failed candidates of OTET-2012) Original Cash Receipt.
- The Nodal Officer-In-Charge or the designated officer appointed by the Nodal Officer shall verify the documents submitted by the candidates as per the eligibility criteria stipulated in Para (i) to (v) and return the Original Certificates before issuing the acknowledgement card. The candidates should ensure that the Application Number and his/her names are correctly written in the Acknowledgement Card.
- The candidates shall be required to collect their admit card form their respective examination centers as will be notified by the Board in leading news papers and made available in the Board’s website.